- Avirup Saha
- B.E. in Computer Science and Engineering from Jadavpur University, Kolkata.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science (thesis submitted) from IIT Kharagpur
- Ph.D. Supervisor
- Dr. Niloy Ganguly
- Areas of Research
- Graph-based Semi-supervised Learning, Temporal Point Processes, Natural Language Processing
- Seeking Employment
For further details, please see my resume.
Two-time finalist in Qualcomm Innovation Fellowship India (2019 and 2020).
Received the M.R. Mitra Memorial Award (Citation and Gold Medal) from the Alumni Association of NCE Bengal and Jadavpur University based on academic performance
in the B.E. (CSE) program.
Received the TCS Award (Citation and Gold Medal) for Best Software Project in the B.E. (CSE) program.
Consolidated list of publications
- S. Sheshadri, A. Saha, P. Patel, S. Datta, and N. Ganguly. "Graph-based semi-supervised learning through the lens of safety." Accepted at UAI 2021.
- Avirup Saha and Niloy Ganguly. 2020. "A GAN-based Framework for Modeling Hashtag Popularity Dynamics Using Assistive Information." In Proceedings of the 29th ACM International Conference on Information & Knowledge Management (CIKM '20). Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY, USA, 1335–1344. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1145/3340531.3412025
- T.Y.S.S Santosh, Avirup Saha, and Niloy Ganguly. 2020. "MVL: Multi-View Learning for News Recommendation." In Proceedings of the 43rd International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval (SIGIR '20). Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY, USA, 1873–1876. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1145/3397271.3401294
- Saha, Avirup, Shreyas Sheshadri, S. Datta, Niloy Ganguly, D. Makhija and Priyank Patel. "Understanding the Success of Graph-based Semi-Supervised Learning using Partially Labelled Stochastic Block Model." IJCAI (2020).
- Tokala, Santosh, G. Vishal, Avirup Saha, and Niloy Ganguly. "AttentiveChecker: A Bi-Directional Attention Flow Mechanism for Fact Verication." In Proceedings of the 2019 Conference of the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics: Human Language Technologies, Volume 1 (Long and Short Papers), pp. 2218-2222. 2019.
- Santosh, T. Y. S. S., Srijan Bansal, and Avirup Saha. "Can Siamese Networks help in stance detection?." Proceedings of the ACM India Joint International Conference on Data Science and Management of Data. ACM, 2019.
[Special mention award in Young Researchers’ Symposium]
- Saha, Avirup, Niloy Ganguly, Sandip Chakraborty, and Abir De. "Learning Network Traffic Dynamics Using Temporal Point Process." In IEEE INFOCOM 2019-IEEE Conference on Computer Communications, pp. 1927-1935. IEEE, 2019.
- Saha, Avirup, Bidisha Samanta, Niloy Ganguly, and Abir De. "CRPP: Competing Recurrent Point Process for Modeling Visibility Dynamics in Information Diffusion." In Proceedings of the 27th ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management, pp. 537-546. ACM, 2018.
- Avirup Saha and Balaji Ganesan. "Short Text Clustering in Continuous Time Using Stacked Dirichlet-Hawkes Process with Inverse Cluster Frequency Prior." Accepted at the 7th SIGKDD Workshop on Mining and Learning from Time Series (MiLeTS), 2021.
- Koley, Paramita, Avirup Saha, Sourangshu Bhattacharya, Niloy Ganguly, and Abir De. "Demarcating Endogenous and Exogenous Opinion Dynamics: An Experimental Design Approach." arXiv preprint arXiv:2102.05954 (2021).
- Ray, Benay, Avirup Saha, Sunirmal Khatua, and Sarbani Roy. "Proactive Fault-Tolerance Technique to Enhance Reliability of Cloud Service in Cloud Federation Environment" IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing (2020).
- Ray, Benay Kumar, Avirup Saha, Sunirmal Khatua, and Sarbani Roy. "Toward maximization of profit and quality of cloud federation: solution to cloud federation formation problem." The Journal of Supercomputing 75, no. 2 (2019): 885-929.
- Ray, Benay Kumar, Avirup Saha, and Sarbani Roy. "Migration cost and profit oriented cloud federation formation: hedonic coalition game based approach." Cluster Computing 21, no. 4 (2018): 1981-1999.
- Ray, Benay, Avirup Saha, Sunirmal Khatua, and Sarbani Roy. "Quality and profit assured trusted cloud federation formation: game theory based approach." IEEE Transactions on Services Computing (2018).
- Samanta, Bidisha, Avirup Saha, Niloy Ganguly, Sourangshu Bhattacharya, and Abir De. "Learning Information Dynamics in Online Social Media: A Temporal Point Process Perspective." In Dynamics on and of Complex Networks, pp. 205-236. Springer, Cham, 2017.
Click here to download.